Welcome to the first ever Weinheimer Ranch Inc. online Spanish Goat Sale! We really appreciate you stopping by to check out our sale. If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know!
Weinheimer Ranch is a family owned and operated ranch founded in 1878 in the Texas Hill Country near Stonewall. They have been predominantly a cattle ranch for many years, but as times progressed, Weinheimer Ranch diversified by raising sheep and goats for meat, wool, and mohair production. They first started raising and selectively breeding Spanish goats in the 1950’s. Throughout the first few years, if a better outside billy was found, it was utilized in the herd. But starting in the 1980’s, the herd was closed completely until 2004. In 2004, Weinheimer Ranch utilized the Kensing Spanish Goat bloodline as an outcross, but they did so while keeping the original Weinheimer gene pool intact that has allowed them to keep and retain some unique Spanish genetics. Since then, Weinheimer Ranch has also lightly used the Sawyer Spanish Goat bloodline as another outcross but has predominantly kept a closed herd and has been selectively breeding Weinheimer genetics which now has become one of the most popular bloodlines in the breed.
Weinheimer Ranch’s primary goal is to raise a goat with a balance of growth and maternal traits. They select for muscle, ruggedness, durability, conformation, and volume, while still emphasizing maternal traits such as reproductive abilities, udder quality, and doability. Weinheimer Spanish goats are very hardy and forage well, are excellent mothers, and carry a strong parasite resistance. They have no hoof problems and require little maintenance in their environment. Through these selection traits, Weinheimer Ranch billies have been known to be 230-250 pounds if their diets meet their nutritional requirements but will tend to average under 200 pounds in working conditions.
Beyond the traits that are listed above, probably the most important selection criteria on Weinheimer Ranch is breed character. It is always a top selection criterion to have a correct set and length to the ears, color recognition and selection, and horns that are broad-based with separation between the horns and that sweep back with ideal width and size. They find that many times such horns correlate with depth and volume of body. Among the herd there is a wide variety of color. You can find black, brown, tan, roan, paint, and buckskin colors with also many different shades of red. These main base colors can be coupled with other colors giving the goat a badger face look, and/or “trim” color that is on the belly or legs, and “trim” color that runs down the back of goat and or around the goat’s neck. There also can be found some “blue” goats. For those of you who have never seen one, they are indeed blue. These blue goats have become a very hot commodity over the years due to their unique color.
Again, we really appreciate you dropping in to check out the sale and we hope to do business with you now or in the future! Thank you!
- -Weinheimer Ranch Inc.
BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION, BUYER AGREES TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH AND ENTERS INTO A CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENT TO PURCHASE THE ITEM(S) UNDER THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS ANY QUESTIONS - Call our Office at 937-323-6545 or cell phone of Jill Harvey 937-244-1448
AFTER THE SALE. Buyers will receive an email within one hour after the sale ends with confirmation of their purchase(s) and the total amount due. Deliveries will commence sometime within two weeks after the sale. Buyers will be contacted to discuss possible delivery locations. Free delivery to designated locations will not be made on unpaid lots unless an arrangement concerning payment is agreed to in advance. All checks should be made payable to 'Weinheimer Ranch Inc.'.
PAYMENT. Cash, business and personal checks, cashier checks and traveler checks will be accepted. Also, payment may be made by credit card through Harvey Plus. A 3% fee will apply. All monetary funding must be in U.S. currency. The right of property shall not pass until after full settlement is made. Should any Buyer fail to settle for his or her purchase, the Seller or Sellers reserves the right and full power to resell the animal to the best advantage either publicly or privately, without further notice. Any loss arising from such resale, together with any and all expenses incurred, shall be payable by the defaulter. All settlements must be made prior to delivery unless advance arrangements are made with Seller.
BIDS, DISPUTES AND AUCTION CLOSE. Bids will be accepted online through the auction service provider's website. The auction service provider’s determination of the final bid/buyer will be conclusive. Internet bidding is the sole method in which a lot may be purchased and are subject to the terms and conditions established by Harvey Auction Company. Seller assumes no responsibility for the bidding thereon. Internet buyers must register with Harvey Plus LLC. to utilize the service. No Buyer's Premium applies to this auction. This auction has a group ending time. All lots are scheduled to close at 7:00 pm CDT. However, extended bidding will delay close on all lots. The sale will not close until there has been no bid on any lot for five minutes. All lots will close after there has been no bid on any lot for five minutes.
TRANSPORTATION/ PICKUP. Weinheimer Ranch Inc. will offer one trip to Texarkana, AR (440 miles NE) and one trip to Roswell, NM (460 miles NW) within the 14 days after the sale is final. These deliveries are to hopefully accomplish free delivery to central locations. Drop off is available along the designated routes. Buyers availing themselves of this service must meet Weinheimer Ranch Inc. at the location within a two hour timeframe set by Weinheimer Ranch Inc. Only one trip will be made to each destination. Free delivery to designated locations is available only for lots that payment has been received prior to the delivery date unless an arrangement concerning payment is made in advance. Weinheimer Ranch Inc. assumes responsibility for injury after the sale and during delivery. If an injury occurs, the Buyer has the option to void their purchase and receive a full refund. If the buyer chooses not to take advantage of the delivery routes, goats must be picked up within 14 days of the auction.
RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS. The above terms of the sale shall constitute a contract between the Buyer and the Seller and be equally binding to both. Resale of animals following purchase in the sale constitutes a separate transaction and the rights and obligations of the two (2) parties connected, therefore, are not covered by the term and conditions of this sale.
ANNOUNCEMENTS. Every effort was made to assure the accuracy of this catalog, however all announcements posted on Seller/ Auction Company website will take precedence. Buyers are therefore cautioned to pay attention to any such announcements. Any updates during the auction will be sent via email to all REGISTERED bidders.
REGISTRATIONS/TRANSFERS. Weinheimer Ranch Inc. is considered a Foundation Herd in accordance to the Spanish Goat Association. With that, we are only required to pull tail hairs to develop a DNA profile for registration purposes since the animals are coming from verified Foundation stock. Tail hairs WILL be on file with the SGA corresponding with their government Scrapie I.D. tag for each goat listed in the sale. If you wish to have your goat registered with the SGA, please contact them at [email protected] Buyers are responsible for completing the entire process for goat registration after transactions are final. These registration fees are in addition to the Buyer’s winning bid purchase price. The goats in this sale are sold unregistered but Seller recognizes some purchasers may wish to have their purchases registered.
INSURANCE. Insurance is at the option of the Buyer. However, as described under the 'Transportation' section, a buyer is entitled to a full refund if an animal is injured or dies prior to delivery. This guarantee by Seller is limited to the purchase price of the lot.
GUARANTEE. Bucks: Should any buck seven (7) months of age or over fail to prove a breeder after being used on does known to be breeders the matter shall be reported in writing to the Seller within six (6) months following the date of purchase. Seller will then have the right and privilege of ninety (90) days after the buck is returned to Seller to prove the buck is a breeder. If the buck is confirmed to be a non-breeder, it will be replaced to the buyer with a buck of equal quality. Any buck returned will be at the buyer's risk. Seller is not responsible for damage caused by foreign bodies after the animal has been sold or of sickness not apparent at the time of the sale. There is no guarantee that semen collected from the buck will freeze. In cases where the animal has been mistreated in care, housing or nutrition in any way, this guarantee is null and void. No other guarantees are written or implied.
Does: Does are guaranteed to be breeders. In the event a female greater than 12 months of age at the date of sale is claimed to be a non-breeder, after having been bred regularly to a buck known to be a breeder, and after having been treated by a licensed veterinarian, the matter must be reported in writing to the Seller within six (6) months following the date of purchase. Seller shall have six (6) additional months in which to prove any such female a breeder and may use any buck of the breed available to them. In the event a female less than 12 months of age at the date of sale is claimed to be a non-breeder, after having been bred regularly to a buck known to be a breeder, and after having been treated by a licensed veterinarian, the matter must be reported in writing to the Seller within twelve (12) months following the date of purchase. Seller shall have six (6) additional months in which to prove any such female a breeder and may use any buck of the breed available to them. Any female returned will be at the buyer's risk. No guarantee is given that a pregnant female will deliver live kids or that she will carry kids full term, or the kids carried will not be mummified. Seller is not responsible for damage caused by foreign bodies after the animal has been sold or for sickness not apparent at the time of the sale. No other guarantees are either written or implied. In cases where the animal is subject to any hormone or surgical reproduction techniques after the sale, or has been mistreated in care, housing, or nutrition in any way, this guarantee is null and void.
Transportation charges on animals returned to Seller are the responsibility of Buyer. No incidental expenses such as feed, care, veterinary charges, etc. will be charged by either party when making the settlement. If Seller is successful in proving the animal in question to be a breeder, the Buyer, at his or her expense, will reclaim said animal. Should the Seller fail to prove the animal a breeder, then the Buyer is guaranteed a satisfactory replacement, FOB farm, or location of origin, or a refund of the actual purchase price paid FOB selling point. In no event, shall the Seller be responsible for more than the purchase price. Should a dispute arise over the quality of a replacement, there will be a cash settlement.
AUCTION SITE USER AGREEMENT - This is a legal agreement between you (the User or Buyer) and the Site Owner or Auction Company. You must be at least 18 years old to bid. Harvey Plus LLC (hereinafter referred to as Auction Company) at its sole discretion, may ban from further use any Buyer or Seller which Auction Company believes to have in any way misrepresented itself or any item, failed to abide by the terms and conditions, or conducted any improper auction behavior as determined solely by Auction Company. Any Seller who misrepresented their items and any Buyer who improperly fails to carry through with a purchase will be banned from any further use and may be subject to additional legal actions.
2) REGISTRATION - All Bidders are required to register for a bidder's number to bid at our online auction. Bidders must register online providing the necessary registration information such as name, address, phone numbers, driver's license, email address, credit card information and any other information requested for identification. The Bidder hereby acknowledges that he/she is of legal age and sound mind. By registering you are agreeing that you have read and fully understand the complete 'Terms and Conditions of Auction', and any additional terms and conditions announced or on the website, and agree to be bound thereby. All registered Bidders take full responsibility for their bidder's number. Bidder numbers are nontransferable. All bids made by the holder of the number will be the responsibility of the registered Bidder. All sales are final. No refunds, reductions, returns, exchanges or charge backs! No Exceptions! The Auctioneers reserve the right to refuse any applicant for a bidding number or the privilege of bidding at any online or onsite auction and to revoke such privilege at any time.
3) BIDDING - Do not bid unless you agree to ALL of the terms and conditions posted herein. By bidding you are acknowledging agreement with all of the terms and conditions included herein and elsewhere on our website. The highest Bidder shall be the Buyer and no Bidder shall retract their bid. A Buyer is deemed to have accepted an item or lot when they make their bid. A successful bid at auction constitutes a legally binding contract of sale. All sales are final. The Auctioneers reserve the right to reject any and all bids on items and lots not being sold at absolute auction. The acceptable bidding increments are established and controlled by the Auctioneer. The Auctioneers reserve the right to bid on behalf of the Seller/s.
4)Disclaimer & Absence of Warranties: All information provided and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the agreement to purchase. Announcements made by the Auctioneer to the auction podium during the time of sale will take precedence over any previously printed material or any other oral statements made. The property is sold on an 'As Is, Where Is' basis and no warranty or representation, either expressed or implied, concerning the property is made by the seller or the auction company. Each potential bidder is responsible for conducting his or her own independent inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. The information provided is believed to be accurate but is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the seller, the broker or the auction company. All sketches and dimensions provided are approximate. Conduct at the auction and increments of bidding are at the direction and discretion of the Auctioneer. The Auction Company reserves the right to bid on the behalf of the seller up to the seller's reserve amount. The seller, broker and auction company reserve the right to preclude any person from bidding if there is any questions to that person's credentials, fitness, etc. All decisions of the Auctioneer are final.
5) REFRESH BUTTON - To keep your screen current for proper bidding you will need to hit the 'Refresh Button' often. Practice prior to bidding to understand how the refresh button works.
6) AUTO EXTEND FEATURE – This auction is set to close at 7PM CDT, 8PM EDT with a 5 minute extend all lots feature. Please note when bidding, there is an auto-extend feature on this online auction system. The auto-extend feature time frame is set by the auction company. For this example the auto-extend feature is set at 5 minutes - If someone bids in the last 5 minutes immediately prior to the end of the auction, the online auction system will automatically extend the bidding time for a 5 minute increment (and will continue to do so) until there is a 5 minute period (after the original closing time) where no one bids, then the auction will close. This feature will leave the bidding open for ALL LOTS. This feature has been added to eliminate sniping and to make the online bidding process fairer and to resemble a 'live' auction. Keep in mind that seconds are not recorded with bid entries. A bid recorded at 5:30 and 40 seconds will have a recorded bid time of 5:30. Bid & refresh immediately and often.
7) VIEWING - The Buyers are afforded a time specific stated opportunity (or viewing by appointment) to inspect the property prior to final close of the online bidding for the auction. The Buyers are relying solely on their investigations and inspections, and not any representations made by the Sellers, Auctioneers, their licensees, employees and agents or descriptions posted online. The Buyers hereby waive any and all further inspections. The Buyers fully agree and understand that they are purchasing the property in an 'As-Is'-'Where-Is' condition, with all its goodness and faults. The Sellers, Auctioneers, their licensees, employees and agents, make no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise of any nature whatsoever.
8) MAXIMUM BID: When you bid your maximum bid, the current bid price does not automatically advance to your maximum bid. Another bidder has to bid to increase the current price and the computer will automatically, competitively bid up to your maximum in the increments specified. It is advised by Auction Company to bid your highest and best bid as soon as possible to have the best chance of being the successful bidder at the close of the auction. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to understand how the system works. Buyer hereby acknowledges he/she has had adequate time to read the auction's terms and conditions and by bidding, acknowledges that he/she understands all aspects of the auction and bidding system.
9) TECHNICAL ISSUES: In the event there are technical difficulties related to the server, software, internet or any other online auction-related technologies, Harvey Plus LLC. reserve the right to extend bidding, continue the bidding, or close the bidding. Neither the company providing the software, nor Harvey Plus shall be held responsible for a missed bid or the failure of the software to function properly for any reason.
10) New Data, Corrections, and Changes: Please monitor your email and the website for any changes, corrections or additions to the property information.